Do you miss the secret blend of the Colonel's herbs and spices? Well, then we have a surprise for you! This plant-based chicken tender recipe really is finger-licking good!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 6 - 7 minutes
Makes 10 - 12 Chicken Tenders
For the spice mix:
- 300 grams of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of Deliciou Smoky BBQ Bacon Seasoning
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 200ml coconut milk
- A dip of your choice
- Lime wedges
- Fresh parsley
- To make up chicken, mix contents of packet into a bowl and add 1 cup of water + 1 Tbs of oil and mould into small chicken tenders.
- In a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix well. Leave one-third of the dry mixture on a separate plate.
- Add the milk to the rest of the mixture and mix well.
- Dip each tender into the liquid and then roll into the dry spice mix.
- Fry in hot oil for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!